Re: End of line....

From: RLewis7785@AOL.COM
Date: Tue Feb 03 1998 - 22:31:56 EST

<< As for pulling a trailer with a Dakota v. a RAM, I have been told by folks
at
 the dealership (who tow race cars on a regular basis), that the maximum GVW
is
 based upon STOPPING the load, and not so much in pulling the load.

 Seems to make sense. With the proper gearing and enough HP, nearly any load
 should be displaced. However, stopping the same load in a reasonable
distance
 on a regular basis will generate gobs of heat. And we all know what a
 detriment heat is..... >>

Exactly. Think about this: Ferd's new f-150 has the same towing/load
capacity regardless of engine (V6 - V8). HP will only help if you plan on
drag racing while towing your load. Towing capacity is dependent on
chassis/suspension strength, and braking capacity.