DMLAL (Dakota Mailing List Acronym List)

From: Joe Dille (joe@dille.montgomery.pa.us)
Date: Tue Feb 03 1998 - 22:07:16 EST

I have taken the liberty of composing an acronym list of common
abreviations that are associated with this list. You can tell
I am tired of waiting for my DAK since I am taking time to
make this list. Please feel free to make additions or corrections.
I think it would be appropriate to add this to the mailing list
FAQ.

Drive Safe,

Joe

Dakota Mailing List of Acronyms

2WD 2 Wheel Drive
4WD 4 Wheel Drive, a.k.a. 4x4
CAT BACK Exhaust modification that replaces the exhaust from the catalyst back
CC Chrysler Corporation
CC Club Cab, Chrysler trade name for extended cab pickup
DAK Dakota :-)
DDBC Dakota Decal By Clark
DML Dakota Mailing List
ET Elapsed Time, usually for 1/4 mile drag strip
FABM Fresh Air By Meldrum
FIPK Fuel Injection Performance Kit (large, free breathing air cleaner)
I4 Inline 4 cylinder engine
IAC Idle Air Controller, little motorized valve that adjusts the idle speed
LSD Limited Slip Differential, Chrysler trade name "Sure Grip"
MAP Manifold Air Pressure, absolute pressure sensor for fuel injection
MP MOPAR, Chrysler’s parts division
OWL Outlined White Letters , on tires
PCM Powertrain Control Module, computer that runs the fuel injection
PCV Positive Crankcase Ventilation, also Pollution Control Valve
RC Regular Cab, e.g. not Club Cab
SBEC Single Board Engine Controller (computer)
TPS Throttle Position Sensor, rheostat in the end of the throttle shaft
WOT Wide Open Throttle
YMMV Your Mileage May Vary

Joe Dille

Telford PA USA