RE: Traction

From: Chris Ruggiers (Ruggiers@telepath.com)
Date: Wed Feb 04 1998 - 13:11:39 EST

Christopher L. Persons asked:

> Is there any way I can get more traction from the rear wheels on a 2wd?
> Other than putting weigth in the back.

I still say a little air pressure adjustment on non-LSD equipped vehicles
(reduce drive side, i.e., right rear, air pressure by a pound or two or
three, experiment) will get you traction to both sides. In my youth (25
years ago), a friend and then-owner of a local speed shop ran an Anglia B-
or C-Altered (Crower injected Rat motor w/ all the goodies) with Goodyear
slicks (in low- to mid-11s if I remember right) with non-locked rear end and
got both rear wheels driving with just this method; in fact, he said he'd
never run a locker due to gyroscopic propensity of locked rear end to turn
you sideways.

Chris