R/T price ? !

From: Mike (ax778@lafn.org)
Date: Sat Feb 07 1998 - 13:35:33 EST

> From: jim miller <jmiller@eramp.net>
> Subject: Re: DML: Re: Ordered R/T
> > Tomdamit@AOL.COM wrote:
> > A Dak R/T for 16.5??? "I don't think so, Tim" Let us know what it REALLY is
> > when it arrives! ;->
> The msrp was something like 18,490. I have the printout in my office that came
> from the CC computer at the dealer showing the msrp and dealer invoice price on
> every item. The dealer gave me a heck of a good discount. Before I knew of the
> dak r/t, He was going to sell me a loadedram 1500 ss/t for 21,2. The msrp on that
> truck was in the neighborhood of 23,9. I wont go to my office again until Monday,
> if i can remember to I'll get the printout and list the codes for all of the
> options and the code for the truck. I remember the first code was for a swb dak.
> then came the
> 5.9ltr engine for about 1,200. then the auto trans and the r/t package at maybe
> 2k. I ordered the
> rear valance instead of a bumper, the highback bucket seats, overhead console, the
> group with pw, pl, tilt, cruise, keyless entry, security system, hd radiator, batt
> and alt. I also ordered a/c (cant believe it wasnt standard). This is a small
> town dealer in central Texas somewhat near the Fort Hood area. He told me he
> didnt need a deposit and he was going to order 2 dak r/t's to sell anyway. One of
> them might as well be mine. I wonder what others have been quoted for one of
> these trucks? Jim M.

 Jim, I travel a bit to the Ft. Hood area, and would maybe like to stop
in at the dealer
when I'm there. That price seems UNREAL I could buy that truck, and
air ship to CALIF,
pay SMOG penaltys, and still save money. Just got a Sport Club Cab,
with some options,
but not many, 22K out the door, truck was about 19.5K of that. 5.2L,
a/c, auto trans,
LSD rear end, Tow group, Tire & Hdl pkg (gives the 10" rear drum
brakes), HD service group,
crank windows, cruise & tilt.
Mike in Los Angeles
  PS Glenn E. Thomas Dodge ordered new cab isolators, and re-did the
TSB for the 4th timeon this truck. seems to have fixed it, no more
clunk while turning up a steep driveway. Been about a week.

--
Permission to use my e-mail address for unsolicited business
 e-mail is withdrawn as of Sept. 2, 1996.  Unsolicited

"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is."- Vice Pres. D. Quayle