Re: R/T price ? !

From: Robert Tufts (rbt@frontiernet.net)
Date: Mon Feb 09 1998 - 14:14:34 EST

>From Jon Steiger:

  On a related note... A friend of mine mentioned that the new engine
for the Jeep Grand Cherokee is now 4.7 liters as opposed to the current
5.2 liter. Apparently, it makes the same horsepower as the 5.2, but
this is a bit frightening to me. I hope Dodge doesn't do the same with
their trucks! (If you're gonna improve the engine so that it makes a lot
more HP per cubic inch, then don't decrease the engine displacement
to keep the HP the same! Keep the displacement the same, and just let
the HP end up where it may...) Arrhh arrh arrhh!!!! =)

On this week's Motorweek (PBS) they had a long term review on a '97 CC 4X4
and one of the comments was they liked the truck, except for the the fuel
economy of the 5.2 liter V8. THey said this will be addressed in newer V8
engines, but didn't give specifics on when available or what size.

Could it be this is the engine they have in mind?

-Bob T.