Re: stumble on cold acceleration

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Sat Feb 07 1998 - 14:49:00 EST

At 05:40 PM 2/6/98 , you wrote:
>Can anyone help me with this dakota? Subject is a '92 LE V-6, auto,
>PS/PB/PW/PL, sunroof, etc. Sharp truck, with 45,000 one owner miles.
>Lately, it has a habit of stumbling when accelerating, only when cold.
>Soon as it warms up, it runs super smooth. New Plugs, plug wires,
>distributor cap, rotor, EGR seems to be fine, no computer codes except
>12 (no battery backup on SBEC11). My mechanic friend can't figure it
>out (of course, by the time I get to his shop, it is warm and running
>great). Would appreciate any help. Bud, Franklin NC budnj@dnet.net

When was the last time you changed the fuel filter? I've never heard of a
clogged fuel filter only acting up when cold, but if the stumble occurred
all the time and not _just_ when it was cold, I think the fuel filter
would be the #1 suspect. Anyway, it's something to consider.

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 Dakota  Regular Cab  Short Bed