Re: Dakota R/T website!

From: jim miller (jmiller@eramp.net)
Date: Sun Feb 08 1998 - 15:26:59 EST

I have a dak r/t on order now. I wonder about headers or cat-back
exhaust on the r/t?The information about the exhaust system says it has
a dual inlet 3" outlet muffler. Like the picture of the exhaust system
on the V10 in the Ram brochure? I wonder if it has dual cats? If not
what use would a dual inlet muffler be? If so, there is no crossover
pipe (none needed) so what difference in headers might there be? I also
want to know what the decal on the sides of the truck says, I cant read
them in the picture. I plan to install a small supercharger after the
enginge has broken in a bit. Procharger with intercooler says 60-70% hp
increase with only 10lbs boost. Thats 425 hp!!! Dont plan any nitrous
though. I am kinda scared of that stuff! Wonder what et times you would
get with that much hp if you can get the tires to "hook-up" Big slicks
maybe if you went to the track! The Shelby dak I had was only 175 hp
and it would smoke the tires easily. (pre magnum 318)

Jim Miller
Anxiously awaiting!