Re: 1996 SBEC price info

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Mon Feb 09 1998 - 18:26:41 EST

Jon Steiger wrote:

 and I just finished putting
> my DDBC (dakota decal by Clark) on the rear window; looks pretty
> nice, if I say so myself! :-)

Yep, I'm kinda partial to it myself ;~)

> I called Jegs first; the guy on the phone was kind of a jerk,
> I guess it just must have been the luck of the draw; I ordered
> a 5-point harness from them a while ago and the lady I talked
> to was very nice... Anyway, they wanted $311.

I like Summit myself, Jegs has screwed a few orders up for me. If it's
in the Summit catalog I'll use them every time (unless the price
difference is more than a couple of bucks). If Jegs is the only catalog
with the part I need I'll grit my teeth and order.

> Now someone will probably post a price lower than $279. :-)
> Oh well, that's already $20 cheaper than I thought I'd have to
> spend for it, so I'm happy. Its also nice to patronize a place
> that puts out a dedicated Dakota catalog. I can't wait to
> check it out! :-)

I think that's what I paid for my '93 MPSBEC, sounds like a good price.
Let us know how that Dakota catalog looks. If it's any good I'll have
to get one.

> I guess its time to start checking out those 180 degree
> thermostats. :-)
>
> -Jon-

The '96's may have a different enough fuel system that detonation will
not be a problem for you. I wish the earlier ones were that way. But
you want the 180 anyway and it's an easy swap.

Oh yeah Jon, the other night in private email you asked me about Redline
WatterWetter. Well, it's in the Summit catalog for $7.95 for a 12 ounce
bottle that treats up to 20 quarts. Since your in the modin' mood you
might as well order a bottle, just a couple of bucks and well worth it.
The cooler the engine the more power. Every tiny bit adds up after a
while...... You'll soon be smokin' tires like crazy soon. Ooops, maybe
you should have held off on the new tires until you got your computer
and new thermostat broke in. ;~)

--
----
  Michael Clark            mike@snakebite.com