Re: re: MPG and low fuel light

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Tue Feb 10 1998 - 15:52:14 EST

> [choosing V6 over V8] You sacrifce HP and Tourqe
> for more miles per tank. Personally, I dont do any towing, I got my truck
> as an everyday driver, moderate load hauler, and mild off roader.

  For anybody considering the V6 vs. V8 choice from a mileage perspective,
the towing/hauling requirement MUST factor in to the choice. Unladen, the
V6 will surely get better mileage, but if you plan to tow or haul loads
often, remember that it's quite possible to get better mileage with a
heavily-loaded V8 than an equally heavily-loaded V6.

  My '95 CC V8 5-speed gets a pretty close average of 17.5-18 MPG in mixed
highway/city driving. Less when my foot gets heavy or I'm hauling lots of
stuff, more during long highway trips.

  Ron