Re: NHTSA site for recalls and TSB's

From: Jeff Lee (jlee@atlanta.nsc.com)
Date: Wed Feb 11 1998 - 10:05:39 EST

Joe Dille wrote:

> I just want to inform the list of a handy site I found. It is rum
> by the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration
> (NHTSA, yet another aconym). This site allows you to search for
> recalls and TSBs by make model and year.
>
> www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/
>
> I learned that 1998 Dakotas are recalled due to the ABS lines
> rubbing on the inner fender.

Has anybody received a recall notice from CC on this yet? I haven't got
one yet, but I just bought my Dak in December.

I saw this recall notice on the NHTSA web site last month and asked my
dealer about it when I had the vehicle in for something else. The
service manager told me that the posted recall is for the 97's not for
the 98's. Who is right, my dealer or NHTSA?

Just the same, I will keep an eye on my front brake lines where they
pass through the fender wall. I don't have front ABS, so I don't have to
worry about an ABS sensor wire.

jeff
98 RC 4x2 V8 5spd 3.55SG