Re: FIPK Sound

From: acasey@io.com
Date: Thu Feb 12 1998 - 04:21:15 EST

> If there is anyone in the Austin Tx
> area who has a FIPK or clone on their 318 powered Dak, would it be
> possible to meet you and have you take me for a spin around the block so
> I can hear it myself? I'm not worried about what year you have so long
> as I can get an idea of how much noise is coming from the intake.
> Thanks in advance,
> John
> 98 Dak CC 4X4 Sport, 5.2L, AUTO, T&H Package, 3.92 LSD, Power
> Everything, Nerf Bars, Billet Grill, Rhino Liner (2 weeks old!)

John, I live in Austin, I don't have a K&N or clone. I use a filter
element from an S-10. This raises up the lid of my air cleaner
about 1/2 inch. When I get on it you can hear a slight air sucking
sound (pretty cool, reminds me of my 71 GMC with Rodchester
Quadra-jet) but it is not annoying. If you would like to get
together to hear it call me on my pager 407-4089. Besides I like to
check out your brand new baby.

Alan...