Re: Edelbrock Air Cleaner

From: Joe Borg (joe.borg@ccmail.dowjones.com)
Date: Thu Feb 12 1998 - 11:43:40 EST

Rich, try adding a flowmaster 42443 muffler. It was a direct weld in on my 98
and boy what a difference the 2 mods made!

Subject: DML: Edelbrock Air Cleaner
Author: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net> at internet
Date: 2/12/98 10:21 AM

I posted this message yesterday with the subject 'My first Mod'. I got no
---------------------
Well, I finally modified my truck!

I installed an EdelBrock P/N 1002 Air CLeaner. This is the foam filter,
triangular pillow looking unit. This thing installs and fits beautifully.
Looks Good with the chrome screen and black filter showing through, and the
tiny red Edelbrock logo in the middle is not obtrusive. The hold-down is a
flat bar that spans the TB, well above the bores. This may not be Ideal for
'Laminar Air FLow', but with no bolt sticking through the top, no chance of
ruining the hood (no offense to Mr Trottman intended). I removed the stock
hold down bolt, and used the modified S-bolt.

The test drive was awesome, the uncalibrated Butt-Dyno registers at least 100
(maybe 150) extra horses.

My 1/4 mile times may be in the low 13's (high 12's maybe) ---- if I had Dodge
Viper pulling it.

The Giant sucking sound rivals that of what I hear every time the Gov'mt gets
hold of my paycheck (ok maybe I exagerate ------ about the truck).

I was a little worried about using this because I haven't heard of any of you
guys using it. I was warned at the parts shop not to use this on an engine
that was prone to backfires, cause it will melt the foam into the TB and
Engine. I can't see my Sequential Multiport Fuel Injected Dak backfiring,
unless I was working on it (and if it is backfiring, I obviously need to work
on it) --- This is the part where you guys step in and give me some horror
story about this unit.

Whatever the case, I did it!

P.S. Don't foget to check out my new signature file below!

Richard Lewis
E-Mail : rlewis7785@AOL.COM

92 Dodge Dakota Club Cab, LE Trim
318 C.I.D V8
3.55 Rear Axle Ratio.
Two Tone Black & Silver
Leer Crown Series Topper Painted to match.
Mopar Bedliner
EdelBrock 1002 Air Cleaner.
Firestone Firehawk SS10 235/70R15