Re: FIPK Sound

From: E. Frank Ball III (frankb@sr.hp.com)
Date: Thu Feb 12 1998 - 14:35:18 EST

} would like to do it. There is one thing that I still have a question on
} though, and that is the sound. I know those of you that have a FIPK or
} clone all say that you love the sound of it and some have even said that
} there is no sound difference unless you stomp it. What I'm not sure of
} though is how loud is it in reality? I would like the better throttle
} response, and possibly slightly better mileage (no remarks from the 4
} and 6 cylinder owners please), but my last truck was very loud and I
} absolutely love how quiet my Dak is. If there is anyone in the Austin Tx
} area who has a FIPK or clone on their 318 powered Dak, would it be
} possible to meet you and have you take me for a spin around the block so
} I can hear it myself? I'm not worried about what year you have so long
} as I can get an idea of how much noise is coming from the intake.

Just take the top of your aircleaner off and drive around the block.

Frank Ball 1UR-M frankb@sr.hp.com (707) 794-4168 work
Hewlett Packard (707) 794-3038 fax (707) 538-3693 home
1212 Valley House Drive Kawi KDX200, Yamaha XT350 YZF600R Seca 750
Rohnert Park CA 94928-4999 '95 Dakota SLT Club Cab V8 5-Speed 2WD