RE: Magnum R/T package part numbers

From: Craig Baltzer (cbaltzer@Anjura.COM)
Date: Thu Feb 12 1998 - 20:33:25 EST

Ah, its the old "don't add the numbers and think you get total HP" as
the combined effects are not cumulative. Parts affect other parts, and
while an air filter may gain 10 HP by improving breathing and a cat back
gets 20 by improving exhaust, there is some "shared" HP which is gained
by either one. So, rather than 30 HP, you get 25 HP as 5 HP worth of
breathing was gained in the same place, but by different products so you
can't get it "twice"...

Craig

P.S. Based on other things I had read on other normally aspirated V8s, I
thought the 46HP number was much more realistic number than 80-90HP
obtained by "adding up all the numbers". Now on a blower motor, those
mods prob. would have easily given 80-90HP+

Craig Baltzer - Anjura Technology Corp - Ottawa, Ontario
Craig.Baltzer@anjura.com - (613) 727-1411