Re: Gas & Plugs

From: Jason & Norah (janor@ican.net)
Date: Fri Feb 13 1998 - 06:47:01 EST

At 01:11 PM 2/12/98 -0500, you wrote:
>The lowest octane gas I've ever seen is 87, so if they recommened 86 or
>above you should be fine with whatever gas you buy....
>
>Bruce

Well, in Utah the three grades of fuel are 85, 88 and 91 octane (unless it's
changed since I moved). Supreme used to be 90. I remember a few years ago
when Rainbo (now Amoco) and Chevron both introduced 91 at about the same
time and had a big advertising war about it.

When driving across the country, I noticed that most of Wyoming was the same
way until we got out of the mountains. Does anyone know if they adjust the
octane value for altitude? It would seem to explain it.

Jason