Re: re>New Member...currently Dakotaless

From: Robert Trottmann (rotrottmann@davidson.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 14 1998 - 21:10:41 EST

> .
> What to order:
> Tire & handeling package (gives rear antisway bar & 10" rear drums
> V6
> Ltd slip differential (lets you leave dual burnouts, not a single.
> Club cab. (weighs more, but nice to have extra lockable room
> Mike

I don't mean to start a long list of "must have's" but I have to say
that my most functional mod to date is my tonneau cover. I got a
soft/hinged one (rail system). That was cheaper, and lighter, but not
lockable. If I had to do it over again, I'd get a solid one. My gas
mileage went from 14.X to 16.X Also handling in wind is a LOT nicer
with a tonneau. I can also go from St. Louis to college in NC and back
many times, without worrying about my worldly posessions (which all fit
in the bed of my truck) :) getting wet when I drive through the
mountains. (I've never seen the NC mountains in the sun.)
Later,
Hood Killer Trottmann