Why not only Edelbrock 1208

From: eperez@kpmg.com
Date: Sat Feb 14 1998 - 22:09:38 EST

I have seen a lot about the FIPK clone and I want to take it on myself. I do
not understand why not the Edelbrock 1208 by itself. If I understand correctly,
Edelbrock 1208 is the air cleaner with an element. That would be sufficient to
replace the stock air cleaner right? The K&N E-1080 is in practically terms a
filter that would replace the filter that comes in the Edelbrock cleaner, isn't
it? Could one just install the Edelbrock and then at another time add the K&N?

Thanks.

Edgar

95 V6 Auto CC SLT 4x4