Sat in my new Dak

From: Joe Dille (joe@dille.montgomery.pa.us)
Date: Sat Feb 14 1998 - 21:13:09 EST

Well my Dak was made in record time. About 4 weeks from my order
to arival at my dealer's lot. This was a tad sooner than I
expected, as my CD does not come due till later in the month.
Luckily I stipulated this when I was buying the truck and it is on
the sales agreement. The truck sits warm and snug in a local
wharehouse.

I also sold my Chebby today :-) I did not need the cash to
complete the deal on my Dakota, but it does make life easier.

The nice thing is I had a chance to look the truck over in the
wharehouse. It is so fine. The 5.2l V8 idles so smooooth compaired
to the 2.8l V6. I loved the interior with the buckets and the
overhead console. My Chebby had a black interior and no map
lights. It was very dark with the interior lights on. The Dakota
is quite bright, which is nice. The dealer also let me have the
owners manual to take home.

I was pleased to see the spare tire is on a 15X8" aluminum wheel
even though the brochure says otherwise. This is good since I
purchased an extra wheel so I can put snows on it and still have
mags. I figured that the wheel and CD changer were all profit so
I made them part of the original deal. "If you give me a good
price ont he wheel, I will buy the truck that goes with it".

I was bummed not to see a lumbar adjustment on the bucket seat.
It is part of the sales literature and the in the owners manual. I
plan to make a slight stink about the fact I paied $200 for bucket
seats with a lumbar adjustment and it did not come. Perhaps I can
get a better price. It is worth 0.32 for a stamp.

Anyway, I am excited. I have waited all of my driving life (20+
years) for a vehicle with a V8 and 5 speed. My dream will come
true in just a few short days.

Drive Safe,

Joe Dille

Telford PA USA