Re: Another Newbie

From: kmiller (kmiller@cvn.net)
Date: Sun Feb 15 1998 - 13:12:39 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: MagpieTear@AOL.COM <MagpieTear@AOL.COM>
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Date: Sunday, February 15, 1998 6:49 AM
Subject: DML: Another Newbie

>'ello, I've been listening in and reading for about a month now. I'm on my
>second Dakota, a special ordered '97 Sport. My first was a 93 Sport. I
don't
>show my Truck, rather I use it daily and beat it quite hard, hauling block,
>plywood, and all sorts of bulky stuff. The 97 is a Black CC 2 wheel drive
with
>V6/ 5 speed, Agate interior, 22 gal. tank, Tire & Handleing package, Tilt &
>cruise, Fog lamps, Maximum cooling package, and not a lot of anything else.
>ordered in June of 97 and and got it 9 weeks later (the engine plant strike
>gummed up the works) I ordered it with the 3.9 instead of the 5.2 because I
>put too many miles on daily, and the gas would kill me with the 8.
>My question is, what ideas do y'all have for minor (read cheap) mods I can
do
>to improve performance without sacrificing the economy of the six?
>Shaun

Shaun:

I would say one of the best things you can do for your six is get a K&N
Filtercharger or make your own Fresh air system for about half the cost
(less than $60). You should see a slight increase in gas mileage and better
performance rowing through the gears.

Exhuast work is another option most people choose. Some people claim better
mileage, but most like the better sound and the seat of the pants feel. All
though this mod could become more expensive it is well worth the money.

later

Scott Miller
Shelby #322