Re: 3in. body lift

From: Brian Cleary (bcleary@interlog.com)
Date: Sun Feb 15 1998 - 19:06:37 EST

--------------543148CD0C17C22FF4619754

Hi Josh: I installed a 3" lift on my 89 Sport 4x4 about 4 years ago.
Big price difference though! I paid $80.00 from Summit for a Rugged
Trails version. Was about a 6 hour deal with two people. Everything
went smooth until I got to the steering column extension. I couldn't
get the old one off! The slip joint had siezed onto the shaft and took
some heat, a hammer and a few verble abuses but it finally came loose.
The kit also came with a 3" extension that had to be brazed into the
shift linkage (Automatic only) and a kit to raise the front bumper. No
kit for rear step bumper though! I had to relocate the holes in the
rear frame for the bumper mounts to get it raised up. Also came with a
3" screw on transfer case lever extension. Pretty easy job and looks
great. Put on BFG 32x11.5's with AR 15x8 rims and looks real cool.

Josh D. Brown wrote:

> I just purchased a 3in. body lift from trails west, it was priced at $189.
> they sold it to me for $156. This is the first time I have ever installed a
> body lift, (I've done a suspension lift on a Intl. Scout) and was wondering
> if anyone out there could give me any tips. Trails West wanted $350 to
> install it but I've got means in our shop, just looking for suggestions.
> Thanks in advance!!
--------------543148CD0C17C22FF4619754

begin: vcard
fn: Brian Cleary