Re: front-end problems

From: Doug and Dee Ritchey (dritchey@sprintmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 15 1998 - 20:12:37 EST

Thanks for mentioning the front end problems on your 97 Dak cc. Same
story here, not quite as severe. At 7,000 miles, the Invictas on the
front were trash, dealer moved them to back, balanced and aligned all
four, and away I went. Now the fronts are again looking bad. (13,000
miles) When it was in for the alignment, it was due out in one hour.
The dealer said there was a problem with another car on the alignment
rack, and it was going to take longer. Called me back later and said he
would give me a loaner car, which I did not need. My truck was ready
the next day.

Drives OK, except when I make a sharp turn the fronts squeal quite a
bit. My big ford car does not do this. I also have the same front end
noises you describe but have not done anything about that yet.

Keep me informed of your progress. I am right behind you!

Doug

97 cc 5.2 auto