Re: Re: Rhino Liner (was FIPK Sound)

From: Jeff Lee (jlee@atlanta.nsc.com)
Date: Mon Feb 16 1998 - 10:38:41 EST

Thinknet wrote:

> Jeff,
> I have noticed a bunch of Line-X shops around here, is there any chance you
> looked at the difference between the two spray on liners? if so why rino
> over Line-X? also if you don't mind me asking about how much did it run
> you, i too live outside of atlanta, (Douglasville) and i am looking at
> having it done mid-summer.
>
> Thanks,
>
> cuervo

I have seen a couple of trucks with a Line-X liner installed. The
material had a different texture and more of a flat finish. Line-X also
seemed to be a harder surface, making it more slippery.

I was definitely looking for something non-slip. The Rhino is has a
softer feel, but seems plenty tough. I also kind of like the "wet" look
of the Rhino better than the Line-X texture, but its a personal
preference. I am very happy with the liner material and the look. One
thing to remember though, the look of the liner is dependent on the guy
doing the application. I think you should look at liners installed by
the shop where you might take your truck before you make a final choice.

Last December, Rhino of Duluth was asking $325 for under the rails, and
an extra $75 to go over the rails. Unless you get somebody doing the
masking that you really trust or the rails will be covered by a cover, I
would go under the rails. You can always add rail covers later if you
find you need the extra protection. I will probably add them just to
cover up the poor masking job of my over-rail installation - live and
learn.

jeff
98 RC 4x2 V8 5spd 3.55SG