Re: Daytime Running Lights

From: Jason & Norah (janor@ican.net)
Date: Tue Feb 17 1998 - 07:22:37 EST

At 06:23 AM 2/17/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I know Dakotas sold into Canada have daytime running lights. Has
>any list members installed this in their truck? If so, what is
>the part number(s), approximate cost and how complicated was the
>installation?
>Joe Dille
>
>Telford PA USA
>(joe@dille.montgomery.pa.us)

When I brought my '95 into Canada, they told me I had to have DRLs
installed. I went to the dealer and asked them to install them, and all
they did was to wire it so that my low beams stay on at 100% intensity
whenever the key is switched on (and charged me about $245). Real DRLs use
a reduced intensity and don't come on until the vehicle starts to roll, but
this was good enough to get me across the border. I don't recommend getting
the same thing I did (unless moving to Canada).

Jason