Re: Hellwig vs. Addco Rear Sway bars

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Tue Feb 17 1998 - 13:28:55 EST

> Can anybody give me some advice on which rear anti-sway bar is better?

  Depends on how you define "better." Each brand has it's positives and
it's minuses.

> Which ones bolt on, which ones require holes to be drilled, etc?

  The Addco requires that you drill 4 3/8" holes in your frame to mount
the bushings, between the rear end and spare tire. The bar legs attach
to the shock mounting bolts.

  I don't know for sure, but I think the Hellwig clamps to the frame,
judging from the picture I've seen. You may prefer that; I preferred
drilling.

  Ron