Re: Gibson exhaust installation

From: Keith Wanderi (kwanderi@goldengate.net)
Date: Tue Feb 17 1998 - 18:52:42 EST

Yeah, I did my own. It was a bear to get the front of the old muffler to
let go of the pipe. Ended up splitting it almost all the way before I could
wiggle it off. I soaked all the joints every evening for a week with some
spray that you use to free "exhaust frozen heat riser butterflies".
Remember those things guys? Anyway, It helped some but still took 1.5 hours
with a hammer and splitter. The truck was 4 months old with under 2K miles
at the time. I was amazed at how rusted the original system looked being so
new yet.

The new system went on in a snap. I got the single cat-back and the hardest
part was deciding which way to mount the angle tip. Everything fit to
original hangers perrrrfectly.

Keith Wanderi
kwanderi@goldengate.net
97 SLT 4x4 CC V6 Auto