Still in the shop, was Re: Lemon Law in Texas

From: John Neff (jndneff@flash.net)
Date: Mon Feb 16 1998 - 20:25:17 EST

and since I'm having a new problem on each visit, and they are not
safety related, I will have to just sit back and keep notes on
everything I take it to the dealer for and how long they keep it for. I
will have to rack up at least one more time, but if and when it comes to
that, I'm sure I will have to sit down with someone who is more in tuned
with the laws. Possibly the folk's who handle arbitration. I hope it
does not come down to this as I really like the truck, just not its
problems.
    So far on this trip, they have had it since 12:00 yesterday, and it
is not complete as of this evening at 5:30pm. The service writer said
that replacing a heater core is a very labor intensive job and takes
many hours to complete. I kept my mouth shut and did not tell him that I
change the heater core in my 88 TransAm in 3 hours, and I had never done
one before.

Thanks for your help folks, I'll keep you informed as to what happens
tomorrow. BTW, I installed a replacement K&N air filter in my T.A.
yesterday, and was pleasantly surprised with the results. The throttle
was much more responsive. I do not know how it affected the top end, as
I do not hammer it very often, but the acceleration is definitely
improved.
One more side note. Super Shops in Austin is closing. Most everything is
10-60% off. They do not have the K&N filters for our trucks, or the
FIPK's, but those of you with G.M.'s may want to cruise by and take a
look at what is left.
John
98 Dak CC Sport, spends more time at the dealer that in my garage, or so
it seems.

--
to reply, remove anti spam ^'s from my address