Re: Need help on tire sizes for 96 4x2

From: Bill Mullens (xring@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 18 1998 - 07:09:06 EST

>I'd like to know what brand and size tires owners of 4x2 Dakota Sports
are
>using. I bought some Firestone Firehawk SS10 235/70/15 tires and the
tire
>shop guy said that the front ones would rub the frame during hard
cornering,
>so now I'm back with the stock Invictas. The Firestones were a bit
taller
>than the stock Invictas (215/75/15) anyway, and I'd rather go with a
>slightly shorter tire than a taller one. Please respond ASAP as I need
>return the Firestones.

I've had 3 sets of 235/70-15's on my '94 2wd Dakota. The fronts do rub
mildly when turning sharply; but the only time you turn that sharply is
at low speeds anyway, hasn't hurt a thing.

You may be suprised at how well your truck launches when you get new
tires. From my experience, the stock ones are junk.

(Unrelated) I'm stepping up to 255/60-15s this spring, I just got my
AR593's in 15x7.

Hope it helps,
Bill

'89 Shelby Daytona
'94 Dakota 2wd, 5-sp, MP computer, K&N, March, 3.55 posi