RE: 46RH transmission band adjustments

From: Chris Ruggiers (Ruggiers@telepath.com)
Date: Wed Feb 18 1998 - 11:14:02 EST

> Dave Margrave wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone here has performed a band adjustment on their
> transmission. I've heard different opinions on whether or not this is a
> required procedure. Anyhow my '95 V8 dakota is coming up on 60,000
> miles, and a couple times over the last few months I think I've heard a
> slight hesitation or slipping during 1-2 and 2-3 upshifts. But its not
> any kind of a regular thing that happens frequently.

Don't know if my 91 LE CC 318 auto had the same tranny, but I never had to
do anything except change the fluid every 30K and it shifted as firmly the
day I sold it with 120K as it did the first day I picked it up. In fact, it
was still getting second gear scratch on asphalt.

Chris
98 Black QCab SLT 5.9L auto posi

PS The 360 was really worth the wait: Lots of giddyap-go with lots of
throttle noise from under the hood! :)