Re: Oil pressure

From: David Brown (dbrown@mh1.mcis.uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 18 1998 - 18:19:13 EST

I did notice. Eighter cut that wrench handle or get the scocketed one
with the swivel handle. Move the filter location. Yes I think of it
every time I wipe oil off my arm.

The part that scares the heck out of me and I am barely able to talk
about is 4 quarts go in, right! Why doesn't 4 come out?
----------
It's kind of a patience tester on my '96 4x4 w/V-8. After letting the pan start
draining, I just get the filter loose enough to turn by hand, make sure I'm out
of the way, sort of, and give it a couple of gingerly twists, and wait for the
stream to run down the side of the filter. Usually it doesn't run down a nearby
bracket :)!

I'll let that drain while I get the new filter and other stuff ready. By the
time I get back to it, there's hardly anything dripping down the filter. Then I
take if off all the way. Pretty clean.

Oil filter filtering material holding about a quart?

--
David Brown          Mailto:dbrown@mh1.mcis.uchicago.edu