'98 Dak 4x2 noise

From: Tomdamit@AOL.COM
Date: Wed Feb 18 1998 - 21:05:07 EST

My '98 now has 950 miles on it. It's a CC 4x2 318 auto w/ tire and handling
pack and 3.55 anti-slip diff. From about 20 to 40 mph, I get a howl or
resonance which seems to be coming from the rear of the truck. Curiously, it
disappears after 40-45 mph. It is not exhaust noise. I actually might not
notice it if the truck wasn't so quiet otherwise! Anyway, before I go into
the dealer, can anyone confirm whether this is "normal" or not? I'm not yet
convinced that it's rear axle noise.
BTW, tires are stock Goodyears, Eagle LS in 235/70-15. What do other owners
of similar trucks on this list experience?