Re: Gibson exhaust installation

From: Klaus Wilkens (klaus@buffnet.net)
Date: Thu Feb 19 1998 - 20:32:42 EST

Joe,

Flowmaster is trying to sell Flowmaster. What youwere told doesn't compute. If the Y
pipe and Cat are the major restriction opening up the exhaust system after the cat
would have negligible effect.

I have a 94 Sport with the 5.2, 5spd, and 3.90 gears. I've had the truck since new
and have had it to the track a few times. The most marked single improvement was the
Gibson cat back exhaust with a set of JBA shorty headers which use the factory Y
pipe. I picked up 2 mph at the strip and 2 mpg on the road with this modification.

A few years ago CC did a 2.2 turbo package called the Super 60. The development was
done on a dyno and with mufflers and the Dynomax Ultra made 20HP more than the
Flowmaster.

KW