Re: R/T camshaft

From: N2mopars@AOL.COM
Date: Fri Feb 20 1998 - 01:12:26 EST

.
     I was bored tonight, so I started looking at some catalogs. I found
something interesting that I thought you all might be interested in knowing.
I was in the 1998 Mopar catalog, saw the Magnum camshaft kit. I decided to
look at some other catalogs and see what some of the cam manufacturers had
that compared to the MP piece. Lo and behold, in the Crane Cam catalog, I
find a camshaft, part number 704121, that has the EXACT same specs as the MP
cam. Lift was .458 Int, .467 Exh, with a duration of 204/208@ .050. Same as
the MP one. It also has a footnote that says "reuse old lifters".
Unfortunately I didn't have a price sheet to go along with it. Maybe someone
with time on their hands can get a price on this cam, so we can compare it to
MP's price? I might try to do that at work tomorrow. I also noted that the
single plane, M1 manifold that was talked about last week(?) did not have an
asterick next to the part number. Usually this asterick means that the part
is not smog legal. I am gonna have to call MP on that one. ALSO they have
ported 360 Magnum heads, for our motors, that are listed at $325 each,
including valves, HP springs, locks, and retainers. I thought that was very
cheap. Considering how much they ask for stuff, maybe someone out there can
get a way better deal. Any comments?

Brad