Re[2]: Gibson exhaust installation

From: Joe Borg (joe.borg@ccmail.dowjones.com)
Date: Fri Feb 20 1998 - 09:07:29 EST

     I merely stated that a cat back 3" exhaust does not have enough
     backpressure and causes undesirable resonance with a stock motor with
     stock manifolds and cat. Changing my muffler merely removed the added
     restriction. Retaining 2.5" maintained correct backpressure to avoid
     resonance. True, Changing to headers, hi flo cat, and MAYBE larger
     pipes would have yielded more gain.
     My results: (no power braking involved)
     Stock - floored of line - negligable tire spin
     K&N FABM - - about a 6 second smokey burnout
     Flowmaster - nothing but smoke well into second gear
     SG mod - about a 3-4 second burnout then traction
     Sounds to me like I improved horsepower then added traction.
     Comments?
     Joe Borg