Re: Gibson exhaust installation

From: Robert Trottmann (rotrottmann@davidson.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 20 1998 - 17:09:52 EST

> > An indication of "over exhaust conditions" is a very noticable "bap,
> > bap bap bap" sound during decelleration. Ever have a muffler fall off
> > a Vega??

Is that true? When it makes that bap, bap, bap noise, that means too much
exhaust? Damn, I always wanted that sound, I like it. But anyway...
Quick exhaust story: I went to a very private school (hated it, and the
feeling was mutual), but my mom had an Omni. One day, picking me up amidst
BMW's, Sport Utes, Roll's etc. the muffler just plain fell right off.
Embarrassing as heck, I was like 8. Then when I was 16, loud exhaust became a
good thing, when I got glaspacks.
Just a little Fri. afternoon digresion. :^}
Robert Trottmann
rotrottmann@davidson.edu