Re: bottle mechanic

From: jim miller (jmiller@eramp.net)
Date: Fri Feb 20 1998 - 23:04:07 EST

> > The claims I've heard about synth oil don't seem ridiculous. Just that the
> > properties are superior to conventional oil. Now, the additives (slick 50,
> > duralube...) these make some pretty ridiculous claims in my opinion. Now
> > that I think about it I guess Castro does have some commercials where they
> > drain all the oil out and the engine keeps running. But I mean some of the
> > additives get plain crazy. Like the one where they crank the motor up and
> > bring it up to high rpm, then run water over it, pour sand into it, cut the
> > radiator hose, and drain the oil out and it keeps on chuggin' along like
> > nothing happened, I mean come on. Then they drop the oil pan and there is
> > a 1/2" of sand in the bottom. I don't buy it. But the engine they used
> > was Mopar, so maybe that's why it kept running ;~)
> >
> I think you hit the nail on the head, that's proably the only reason it
> was still running, MOPAR rules!!!
> Ever see the B&G OILLESS engine demo. They do it at car shows. They fill
> engine with oil,

start it up and let it warm up, and then drain the pan. Then they let it idle
ALL DAY. I saw it myself!Temp guage showed 230 degrees and oil pressure 0. The
engine did not knock at idle and they dont
rev it up without oil in it. Guess what engine they use for demo? You guessed
it. An older model 318 with a 2bbl carb.