Re: Hidden Hitch

From: Bobby Nicks (bwnicks@ibm.net)
Date: Sat Feb 21 1998 - 07:38:26 EST

Joe Dille wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have a "hidden hitch" on their 97-98 Dak? This is a
> frame mounted receiver hitch that goes behind the valance panel.
> The licence plate goes infront of the hitch. You access the hitch
> by pulling down the licence plate like you did to fuel old Chebbys.
>
> Anywho... I am interested in learning more about this tow system.
> How much did it cost? Where did you get it? Was it easy to
> install? Etc.
>
> Drive Safe,
>

> Joe Dille
>
> Telford PA USA

I have a platform or frame mounted receiver hitch , which ever you
want to call it. The brand name is Hidden Hitch, but it bolts to the
frame and the receiver is below the bumper. It just sets back behind
the bumper a little more than most so it's not as easily seen.

Works OK, I have a car hauling trailer that I pull. I pulled my son's
Cavalier with it and I have haul logs to the saw mill with it. The logs

are heavier than the car. Five 12ft. logs, 30 inches in diameter
just cut just so that they are still very wet are heavy.

The spare tire is in the way for it to be mounted behind the license
plate isn't it? I just can't picture one mounting and working that way.

Bob Nicks
96 Impala SS
68 Camaro SS/RS L78