Re: Re[2]: Gibson exhaust installation

From: david zavetsky (zavetsky@usaor.net)
Date: Sun Feb 22 1998 - 09:57:14 EST

Ya know, this brings up something in my mind that I have always kind of
believed.

I know that as shade-tree hot-rodders of our trucks we constantly look for
ways of improving our trucks in the way of HP, Torque, etc...

The thing I always have to remind myself is that the manufacturers build and
engineer these vehciles for optimum performance. Now, that "optimum" can
mean different things to everybody...But in the eyes of the manufacturer, it
means good performance with good driveability with good longevity with good
etc etc etc.

Now, when we tinker with our toys, we may increase HP, but we reudce one of
the other factors in some way. If we increase Torque, we may reduce
reliablity of the stock driveline. ETC ETC

So, in my opinion, we all have individual goals when "souping up" our
rides....I may not mind trading off some reliablity for more power whereas
another guy may prefer reliablity and will sacrifice top end.

So what am I saying? Dunno. Just hit me in the head with a Dakota bumper
if I'm talking too much...

(ouch!)