Re: Gibson exhaust installation

From: jim miller (jmiller@eramp.net)
Date: Sun Feb 22 1998 - 10:30:16 EST

david zavetsky wrote:

> At 09:48 PM 2/20/98 -0600, you wrote:
> >
> >david zavetsky wrote:
> No kiddin?? That would be coll...I didnt think was was room enough under
> there for two pipes, mufflers, etc on one side.....
>
> What about the routing of the drivers side exhaust? Is it like a crossover
> except its its own pipe??
>
> Hmm......This is food for thought....I have always wanted true duals..
>
> Of course, in my state it is illegal for a garage to put duals on a vehicle
> that came with a single exhaust. That makes it a little toughr in finding a
> competent exhaust garage...

I dont know what state you are in but I live in Texas and I have had NO
problemgetting a muffler shop to put on duals if there were dual cats up front.
Dont forget
to make a "H" pipe to equalize flow and improve sound control!
Go find a brochure on full size Ram and look at the picture of the chassis which
happens
to have a V10 in it. Duals all the way to the muffler with dual cats. Dual pipes
run down
BOTH sides of the tranny and drivers side crosses over just behind trans tail shaft
just in
front of the gas tank. Ill bet that is what the R/T will be like!