Re: DAKOTA's "WEAK" Transmissions

From: WillTier@AOL.COM
Date: Mon Feb 23 1998 - 20:49:51 EST

<< Your transmission is extremely weak, in design, so a soft shift is very
 desireable to extend transmission life. I would definately not attempt to
 crisp the shifts, as this will just blow the transmission that much more
 quickly. >>

Hmmmm must be different from the earlier Daks. I was told and read somewhere
that the A518 is a 727 with a OD unit. I have been told that the OD unit is
the weak point and I lock it out when drag racing but I have a TCI shift kit
in mine and 2 years of nearly weekly drag racing (april - november) and
haven't encoutered any problems "yet". Maybe that guy is a Ferd fan and thinks
all auto are junk ?

Bill