Re: More cat stuff

From: B Gecko (gecko517@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 24 1998 - 02:13:35 EST

I was told that the cats on newer trucks are high flow units and do
not need to be changed. I have a 2 chamber Flowmaster muffler on my
318 and was wanting to change the converter when I put my headers on.
The tech at Flowmaster said the factory converter is a monolithic one
and is no different to the ones sold as "high flow" units.

---WM96@AOL.COM wrote:

> Ok, a few quetions.
>
> 1. What is the cheapest anyone has found a high flow cat for?
> 2. Is it worth it?
> 3. How hard is it to install? Is welding required?
>
> Will
> 97 *318 *CC *Sport *Auto *3.55*tire & handling package* duals
> w/turbo*edelbrock 1208*Pioneer premier head unit & 6 disc
changer*astro