Re: Lucas Dak

From: Jeff Lee (jlee@atlanta.nsc.com)
Date: Tue Feb 24 1998 - 09:14:48 EST

rbt@frontiernet.net wrote:

> I go to signal a right hand turn and I get my wipers coming on at slow speed
> for several cycles in addition to the disired turn indicator. (of course I couldn't
> repeat it "on demand" if my life depended on it!)
>
> It acts like there must be a momentary short to the switch going to
> the washer button,( but probably only when the steering wheel is
> positioned "just so" when I signal and only on the last Monday of the
> month, etc.......)
>
> I'm glad I'm used to this sort of thing by now but I was kinda hoping
> my car would pick up the good parts of American electrics, not the
> other way 'round! :-)
>
> By any chance has anyone else seen this? (I won't bother to bring it
> in unless the dealers know the fix already via a TSB..fearing it will come out
> worse)

Ahhhh... the old erratic wiper control switch... an all too common
malady in CC minivans. The wiper multifunction switch in my 96 minivan
has been replaced 4 times and the wiper motor once. The motor operation
is still kind of flakey.

Haven't seen this in my 98 Dak so far - knock, knock. Haven't seen any
Dak TSBs for it either.

jeff
98 RC 4x2 V8 5spd 3.55SG flares