lowering blocks

From: Cyberfuel1@AOL.COM
Date: Tue Feb 24 1998 - 13:32:25 EST

I've been considering lowering the back of my 97 Dakota CC 2X4. I've measured
tire clearance vertically to the fender lip, 5 inches in front & 8 inches in
the rear (give or take alittle). I figure a 2 inch drop should do. I had a
chance to peek under my truck finally (didn't have to kneel in the snow) &
noticed the shocks are mounted to the rearend. The 2inch drop pushes the
rearend up 2 inches, thus compressing the shocks the same amount.
        My question is...... Has anybody bottomed out the shocks carrying a
load? Or have you used different shocks that some manufactuers recommend as
part of their package? If I'm going to do this, it will be right or not at
all. This way I know the "total" cost with no grief, or hunting down shorter
shocks.
       Any feedback is greatly appreciately.

Bob Brobak
97 Dakota CC