Re synth vs. dino oil

From: Tony Mastres (mastres@id.ucsb.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 24 1998 - 06:18:21 EST

>Plus, 9,000 mile oil changes will get you out of warranty real fast...synth
>or not. Unless something's changed, Chrysler does NOT offer exceptions for
>synth oil.
Question: If one changes their own oil, how does CC or the dealer know this
when one goes in for warranty service? I'm not trying to be a wise ass I'm
just wondering how the dealer knows that I'm changing my oil at 3,4,5k or
whaterver. I suppose If I take the truck in for engine related problems and
there's nothing but sludge in the pan, they'd know, but if you change at a
regular interval I don't think they'll be able to tell.

Tony J. Mastres
Photographer
Photographic Services __
1120 Kerr HAll UCSB []_.-' (Q,___\