Dak Weak Trans/727 swap

From: Joe Borg (joe.borg@ccmail.dowjones.com)
Date: Thu Feb 26 1998 - 08:53:25 EST

     Would a standard 727 swap into a Dakota. I know gas mileage would
     s**ck, but would it work?? Joe Borg

Subject: Re: DML: Dak Weak Trans/reply from rebuilder
Author: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net> at internet
Date: 2/26/98 8:17 AM

Well, not looking to start a fight here, but....

Although my tranny has not failed (yet) at about 89,000 miles or so, the
tranbsfer case had to be rebuilt and even as we speak the OD unit is being
rebuilt.....The sun gear assembly (a $600 part by itself) is trashed......

Along with the clutches, etc.

Dont get me wrong, I use the truck pretty hard. But IMHO the OD on a modern
vehicle should not fail after only 80,000 miles......