Re: SBEC questions

From: Joe Borg (joe.borg@ccmail.dowjones.com)
Date: Thu Feb 26 1998 - 15:06:45 EST

I have some general questions that i would like answered before i delve
into the computer aspect of my 96 318 5spd. Any and all help will be
appreciated:
1) Is there a Mopar SBEC for a 96 manual trans?

*I think it just came out

2) What about other suppliers? I have seen something by JET, but is it
the same thing?

*MP computer replaces your whole one. Jet plugs into your existing. I
*was just told Jet will yield about 15hp while MP yields 23hp

3) I see references to "chips" on the digest, but the catalogs talk about
"tuning modules". Are they the same thing?

*Fords, Chevvies use chips. Mopars swap the whole computer.

4) Will this comp mod improve aceleration, mileage or both?

*improves performance, might help mpg if you drive that way.

5) Are there different parameters available i.e. racing vs. towing vs.
mileage?

???

6) Are these products truly "plug and play" or must a mechanical wizard
be involved?

*plug and play

7) Is the Mopar piece only available from Dodge dealers?

Dodge or Mopar Performance dealers such as Mancini
8) Is anybody on the list, who has one installed, living in the Lancaster
County, PA area? As i would like to see one installed on a working unit.

Thanks ahead of time for your responses!
*No problem, Joe Borg
Timothy E. McCorkle
StrongTower (Proverbs 18:10)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]