Re: Brakes and Shocks.

From: Jeff Lee (jlee@atlanta.nsc.com)
Date: Thu Feb 26 1998 - 15:43:39 EST

Walz2@AOL.COM wrote:

> I have just changed brakes on my dakota and it was quite simple.
> after taking off the wheel there are only two other bolts to loosen.
> Then just replace the pads, bleed and your done. if you want
> a detailed description i'll be happy to help. You'll save alot of
> $$$$
>
> mark

Why did you need to bleed the brakes after just changing the pads?? Are
you refering to compressing the wheel cylinders? Where you flushing
fluid through the system?

I've done many brake jobs in the past. I've never found bleeding the
brakes to be necessary unless you opened the system to replace a
cylinder, etc., or you want to flush with fresh fluid. Certainly not for
simple pad replacement. Is bleeding the system called for in the Dak
service manual under ABS maintenance?

jeff - Atlanta, GA
98 RC 4x2 V8 5spd 3.55SG flares