RE: Dakota History

From: Ayotte, Glen (ayotteg@espn.com)
Date: Thu Feb 26 1998 - 17:12:14 EST

Are you talking about the year 2000 computer issue. If you are, then
this is the general idea. All these programs that have been written for
the 10-20 years will not recognize the year 2000. I am not a
programmer, but I do know that a lot of the older languages that were
used, did not see anything after the year 1999. Big problems for a real
lot of people. Not just the big guys. I used to do work for my local
town (only 60,000 people). They have over 2000 programs that need to be
modified. Programmers in Connecticut that can do this stuff are getting
70,000-90,000 a year, and are in very high demand. Not to bad. I think
I am in the wrong business.