Re: Fog-lights

From: rbt@frontiernet.net
Date: Thu Feb 26 1998 - 18:50:37 EST

> From: Thinknet <thinknet@mindspring.com>

> 1)can anybody recommend brighter fog lights that would fit a 97? i have
> the factory ones, but they don't do much in the woods, and they don't
> believe in street lights where i live.
>
> 2) is there anything i can do to make it so that they are still switched
> with the car, but will work in all 3 positions (parking, driving, high
> beams) it really bugs me that they go off when i hit the high beams.

You just hit a pet peave of mine. Fog lights are just that: FOG
LIGHTS! They aren't supposed to be used with high beams. In fog the
high beams will just reflect back in your eyes and the idea of fog
lights is to illuminate the ground & sides of the road (should be
mounted down low).

What you are asking about is auxillary DRIVING lights. They are fine
to put on when in the woods or to illuminate the road a mile ahead
when nobody's coming at you. Please don't run them all the time like
these yoyo's that blind you just so they can make a fashion
statement! As such, they should be on a separate switch.

(sorry, I feel better now :-)

-BobT. '98 CC Sport+ 4X4 V8 3.55 5sp