Re: Brakes and Shocks.

From: Keredt (Keredt@AOL.COM)
Date: Fri Feb 27 1998 - 00:23:09 EST

<<
 I've already got one. I looked at the directions, and understood everything,
 and it all jives with what you say. I have two problems. One is confidence.
 I just don't want to be messing w/ brakes 'cause that's serious. I mean I
 want to, but not alone. Also, I don't like the fact of having my truck up on
 jack stands with a total of two wheels on and having something go wrong.
I've
 got a friend a home who has helped me out once, I might give him a call when
 get back.

> The only real inconvenience is taking your rotors and drums to a shop to
> get them turned (any brake shop, Pep Boys, etc.) if the Dak is your
> primary mode of transportation - you will need a 2nd set of wheels to
> get them there and back.

 I don't totally understand brakes, but I'm about to read the brake chapter in
 my manual, but... if I'm just replacing pads, do I need to turn rotors and
 drums? Did you just mention this as a brake related thing that's not as easy
 as pads, or must you turn the rotors/drums when you change out pads? Disc
has
 rotors, right? >>
Robert if you want help call me and Ill come over sometime k???

Keredt

Belleville Illinois