Bleeding brakes

From: Gary Ludwick (gludwick@csi.com)
Date: Fri Feb 27 1998 - 11:56:13 EST

I can find no mention anywhere in the factory shop manual of a
recommendation for bleeding brakes. It does not show up at all in the
recommended maintenence chart up to 120,000 miles, either A or B schedules.

Someone asked about using DOT 5 (silicone) brake fluid. I did find in BOLD
print a statement that using anything but DOT 3 in a 97 DAK will void your
warranty and could be dangerous because of its effect on certain seals.

Gary